Certainly, it is more delicate to lose personal information than losing money, because information can mean losing even more money. The recent Equifax data breaches have affected 143 million Americans throughout the nation, which is more than two thirds of the US population. The thieves have taken from social security numbers to credit card numbers. An identity thief has the opportunity to apply for a mortgage under a fraudulent account on your name.
Here we give you some advices that can help you avoid any data breaches on any of your account:
Verify your data: it is most likely that your data is up there somewhere.
- Check your data on www.equifaxsecurity2017.com and then put your social security number to check if you ́ve been affected by this incident. Even the staff from the same company has been damaged by these thieves. However, there ́s a silver lining to this: Equifax created a protection service for the people affected called Trusted ID, which regularly checks your data.
- Sign up for other options: If you have trust issues, then we recommend you to seek for an outsider service that you believe it can provide the security you long for. Lifelock offers a discount to all the victims of this data breach, including a 25$
- Amazon gift card. There are also many enterprises that work in the same line of data protection: we have Identity Guard, Identity Force, and ID Watchdog, all of them will serve you well if you want to keep your information for yourself
- Credit Report: Did you know that you can check your credit report free? Indeed you can. At AnnualCreditReport.com you can make your information is in the place where it belongs to be and that there hasn’t been any fraudulent accounts in your Credit Report. We suggest you to check before it ́s too late, this can make a difference.
- Freeze it up: “Freeze” in this context doesn’t mean that you can ́t do anything with your account, it means that any business of person that wants to make business with you must go through extra steps in order to open an account for you. If you ́re having businesses with lenders, they must call you directly to your cellphone number. It may seem delaying to some, but for others the results are worth it.
- This is not going to stop: Companies keep creating new security systems while hackers get smarter. The data breaches are something that will be considered normal for these times we ́re living: it will become something ordinary. Therefore, there will be more and more data breaches as time goes by. Identity Theft is something that does not seem to slow down. This is way it appears to be wise guarding and checking your information personally while also investing in security companies that can help you out in protecting valuable information
Posted by Randy Blaskeslee
Apply now simple form and Rate Quote
Mortgage Market Corp.
20. N Roselle Road, Roselle IL 60172
Corp. Nmls 206107,IL MB.0000962
Call us Today @ 630.529.8686