The possibilities in expanding your home cabinetry’s capacity are endless. From the use of box inserts to consolidating items in the cabinets to placing rarely and bulky used items on upper surfaces and adding extra storage solutions like the hooks to the doors, the ideas are customizable, cheap, and convenient for your home.
If you cannot add more storage cabinets to your space, you may always boost the capacity of what’s there already. It includes kitchen cupboards, media centers, free-standing wardrobes as well as medicine cabinets. All of these are pleading silently to make them better and you can do it by following these tips:
- Consider cabinet cubbies rather than shelving that’s full open. They force editing, so you are less likely get messy and mismatched row of kitchen things.
- Go for the store-bought inserts, which increase the number of things that the cabinets hold. Plan for the plate racks, drawer inserts, lazy susans, shelf risers, and vertical cookie sheet slots located in the cabinets.
- Place lesser used items on top of the cabinets where they’re out of the way. There is a lot of precious space you might not taking full advantage of.
- Use outside surfaces including store things and cabinet sides where they’re easy to grab and readily available.
- Nothing makes the kitchen feel less usable compared to poor lighting. Install the lights underneath your cabinets in brightening the space and make it simpler to find what you are looking for.
- Consider adding exterior open shelving that will hold dishes or plants. It will not only increase your storage, yet adds an architectural interest and will make your kitchen more customized.
- Never forget about the cabinets’ inside. Either purchase or consider DIY storage solutions that will fit nicely on the door’s backside.
- Consider useful tools including tension rods and magnets. They have endless uses as well as diverse applications.
- Another simple space solution you can take for consideration is mounting an extra shelf above your cabinets for extra storage. You may leave this for the standalone items including mixers and blenders. You may also put several baskets up to stash your thing in. An unfinished plywood may be cut to fit the space.
Posted by Randy Blaskeslee
Call us Today @ 630.529.8686
Apply now simple form and Rate Quote
Mortgage Market Corp.
20. N Roselle Road, Roselle IL 60172
Corp. Nmls 206107,IL MB.0000962